We Help You Build!

Thursday, November 24, 2011

dns - How do I check that a domain is available without triggering a grabber? - Pro Webmasters - Stack Exchange

dns - How do I check that a domain is available without triggering a grabber? - Pro Webmasters - Stack Exchange: "
favorite
share [fb]
share [tw]
A few days ago, I checked whether a domain was available by tying the name in the web browser. Also host returned not found 3(NXDOMAIN)

When I tried again today, some domain grabber had snatched it.

How can I check whether a domain is available without losing to some barely legal "service"?

dns domains domain-grabbing
linkimprove this question
asked Feb 1 at 4:25

Aaron Digulla
1444
What registrar was it registered with? Just curious, the same thing happened to me before. – Keith Feb 1 at 4:47
2
For my own learning, how could a domain grabber know you typed in a domain in your browser that wasn't registered and then grab it? How would you know this had happened, and wasn't just a coincidence. – Matthew Lock Feb 1 at 5:00"

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment